Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sub-Standard Performance in Chennai Moot competition

I have been attending few moot court competitions off late for a hands-on experience on advocacy and yes, as elders say to hone the lawyerly skills. The first one was in Trichy on last week of last month and the other one in Chennai yesterday. I played the role of researcher in the Tamil moot last month and as a speaker yesterday. The way I fumbled yesterday was unprecedented, it was all about questions on Indian constitution law. I have tried to convince my mind with silly reasons on why I have done pathetically. But my mind knows, that what I was saying to myself was not truth, and I am way below the average.

Yes. All kept saying that participation is more important and this opportunity is to provide an exposure. But I felt humiliated and challenged.

Though I knew it but I am realizing only now that a good command on constitutional law is essential for a law student. My priorities will be re-aligned accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment