Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Response from Col. PK. Gautam reg. my comment on his Monograph

Response from Col. PK. Gautam with respect to my comment on his monograph

Dear Sathya,

1.  Thank you so much for your kinds words. The project has only begun starting with Kautilya. Many more periods and regions need to be covered. At Note 42  reference has been made.  I paste specially for you the work so far below after paragraph 4 and my signature block.

2.   In my monograph and also in the forthcoming edited book of the two seminars of October 2012 and April 2013 in the policy suggestion it has been stressed that the work is a-religious and a-political..Please see H at p.83.from pages 83 onwards.  Rather in my monograph I have explained the old issue of nationalist and Marxist also (p.74)  and surely we are beyond that now. Please  see pages122 -125 of my monograph.

3.  For the  other South Asian countries I have urged them to own up these traditions(pp. 108-109 including note 259). Also I do not agree with what   A Matto says.  In chapter III  have argued on that issue at pages 50 to 51. This aspect has been covered by me in my   Shruti and Smriti : Some Issues in the Re-emergence of Indian Traditional Knowledge, IDSA Issue Brief, February 12, 2013 at    http://idsa.in/issuebrief/ShrutiandSmriti_PKGautam_120213

4. All religious text has both religious and secular text. Much needs to be  done and  in my forthcoming work I have explained it as : “   Because of absence of teaching secular aspects of religion and not studying all knowledge emanating from religious literature we are missing out on many things of philosophy both at individual level and at the state level.( This type of education  to approaches to study of religions is called “ Phenomenology” . Phenomenological epoche is an approach to the study of religions to become and remain entirely neutral about what is studied. See Sushil Mittal and Gene Thursby, ‘ Introduction’,  in Sushil Mittal and Gene Thursby (eds.), Religion in South Asia: an Introduction, Routledge, 2006, pp.10-11)
You can also write to the editor of JDS  and if they consider it fit may publish it in future

Regards
PKGautam

No comments:

Post a Comment